Most people tend to suffer from acne during adolescence. This is usually contributed to hormones or stress. Despite what most people believe, acne doesn’t necessarily mean that your skin is dirty or neglected.
Even over-cleaning your skin can irritate the skin. And remember that your hormones are not uncontrollable because there are a number of changes you can put into place that could help to stop acne breakouts. This means that you can enjoy a glowing, healthy and spot free skin in a relatively short space of time.
There are some quick fixes:
- Try using benzoyl peroxide products. These products can be found in cream and liquid form and are able to be bought over the counter in most countries. They function by helping to dry out surrounding skin around the pimples which helps to reduce inflammation. These treatments are directly applied on the affected area. Never use more than the recommended amount because it can cause over drying leading to long-term acne scars.
- Try using natural oil treatments on the affected areas. Natural oils are perfect for drying out affected areas. Tea tree and peppermint oils at the preferred method for most people you can also use lavender, castor oil, as well as castor oil. Never apply oil directly onto the affected area, instead it is recommended to dilute a few drops with witch hazel. After that, just dip a small cotton swab into the oil and dab it on to the affected areas. You should leave it on for around 10 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water. Never over uses oils because although they may be gentler than benzoyl peroxide they can still dry out your skin.
- Try using an ice pack against the affected area. It’s a proven fact that ice can help to minimize the appearance of zits and help to dry them out much quicker. Simply wrap a few ice cubes in some close and all the pack against the affected area for around 30 seconds. It is recommended to do this up to 3 times a day. If your face hurts becomes the numb from the ice, immediately stop.
- Try adding a small amount to toothpaste on the affected area. White toothpaste in particular can help to dry out zits. Simply put a bit of toothpaste on the end of a cotton swab and apply it to the blemished areas. We should leave this on for around 15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Try steaming your face. Steam helps to open of the pore and helps to reduce inflammation. I recommend using a personal steamer or water and lean over the steam. Don’t hold your face over steam for more than five minutes. If you boil water, you should be extremely careful in leaning over it and move back if it feels too hot.
- You can try popping your zits. In some cases, simply popping your zits can be the best option. However, you can only do this for whiteheads, meaning zits with a white dot on the top of them. If you try popping a zit that’s embedded under layers of skin this can cause scarring. The best way to pop zits is to clean your hands and wash your face properly, and then wrap the tissue around your fingertips. Put your fingertips on the base of the zit and gently squeeze until the white puss begins to discharge from the skin. After that, simply wash your face and warm water and use a moisturizer.